Monday, January 7, 2008

God's work in all things

"And a little child shall lead them"



My life is crumbling and it takes a teenager to bring things back into perspective. In all of this i want to hate so badly, but i was convicted last night because what kind of a christian example would i be to my girls if that's what i chose to do. My love for my God and them is what is forcing me to set aside my anger and focus on learning to forgive. if only to show them that it is possible through Christ! Believe me this is not going to be an easy road...and the people who know the whole situation are wanting me to take revenge...that i have a right to take revenge, but that's not what God says.



Romans 12: 9-21 was a hard passage to read yesterday at church but i think it's one that i needed to hear. The conversation i had with that teen yestersday has led her to asking some serious questions about who God is; and they are going to start reading the book of John to find some of those answers.

I woke up lonely, alone, and sad this morning. but there is an underlying hope in knowing that there's greater work out there than that of my own choices. If this circumstance is going to show my faith to my girls and lead them closer to God, then the pain is worth it. "For me to live is Christ and to die is gain" ... i'm telling you, I LONG FOR DEATH OR CHRIST'S RETURN BECAUSE THEN THIS WILL FINALLY BE OVER!!!

No comments: