Sunday, January 20, 2008

Forgiveness and Resolve

My dad was able to set up a mtg between me and the family member i got into a fight with. I went there with the full intention of apologizing and leaving. We ended up staying longer than i thought and they even apologized for the words spoken. The fight was out of character and knowing how much pain we are both going through right now it's understandable to a point but we went way over the line.

To be able to forgive is one of God's greatest gifts to us. It offers peace and a good night's rest. Granted, now that this major issue has been handled, i'm left waking up to a different hole in my heart. That pain will take longer to heal i'm sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can kind of understand what you are going through but only to a certain extent. I fell in love with someone over a year ago and we have been together since then but now it seems as though I am not good enough for them and I do not want to live life without them for any reason but may not have a choice soon. It rips me apart and has made me so sick to think that love can be taken away like this and it hurts...so I feel for you in that regard.