Monday, July 14, 2008

Faith..."Reality"

Some people argue whether faith is really enough. A lot of the time it is said that Faith can't pay the rent...but who says it can't. When circumstances work out in a way that allows rent to be paid in spite of funds lacking isn't it faith that has brought that into being? We are told that we need to pray for our measure of faith, and yet we need faith to believe in Christ...or do we?

As humans we have the ability to sense truth and lies. People ask me how i know what i know and i used to not know an answer that didn't fall under the "church-inese" category until a friend told me its a heart truth. Because of the knowledge i have from scripture and the living out of those words, seeing the proof of God's promises in my life whether in good times or bad, I KNOW! Is that faith...well, what is faith? people say to take a leap of faith...isn't that just a fancy word for trust?

So God calls us to pray for the measure of faith we desire, and with faith as small as a mustard seed we can move mountains...if that's the case, how come so many mountains are staying still? how come the blind can't see, the deaf can't hear, people are bullied, judged, scrutinized and made to feel unworthy of the gift of grace. How do we pray for this measure of faith when so much of the world tells us we "can't". Doubt enters our minds the minute we entertain the thought of doing something in faith...instantly we aren't good enough, smart enough, or have a story that will be impactful enough. Wow, Satan really does have influence on our lives in the dumbest ways.

I don't care if your story is anti-climactic...IT'S YOUR STORY and I can't wait to hear it!! I look forward to meeting all of you and hearing where you have come from, what God has brought you through, and how He is challenging you personally because of it. The reason for this rant is because my pastor at church was calling people to tell their stories at church. I went up because i felt that beating heart, palm sweating prodding. The minute i finished letting him know what i had been through these last 7 months and went to sit down I immediately felt like what i had to offer was insignificant. If you have followed along in the rants of this period of my life, you know that i've been wounded personally on many levels. But does that mean that I can't have a voice? So what if where i struggle is in the category of relationships...SOMEONE OUT THERE IS FEELING THE SAME AS ME!!! We don't walk this earth alone. We were created for community and we were created to be REAL with one another. My God has brought me home to him once more and I should be ready to shout that from the rooftops! So why do i want to email my pastor and tell him i've changed my mind?!

I'm not an eloquant speaker...and a lot of what i've gone through is incredibly personal to the point that i don't think anyone would really understand the level of pain i've gone through. Also there are things i know i can't share because of the personal nature of it.

He who dwells inthe shelter of the Most High will rest in hte shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust".

This is what i choose to believe now. No matter what is brought before me, I know that i can rest in peace knowing He is with me every step of the way! That's all I need to know...He'll work out the rest.

For anyone who reads this...SPEAK!!! Tell your story and have a level of TRUST/FAITH that it will impact someone somewhere. You may not be outspoken or comfortable in those times, but God does not call us to a comfortable life...if you are comfortable, you are not being challenged to grow in relationship with Him. It sounds weird, but I wish you discomfort and experiences that bring you to the thrown of Christ in humility knowing HE is the only one who can give you the strength to overcome your discomfort.

Blessings on you!

No comments: