Friday, November 16, 2007

Negativity is going on the shelf!

I think it's about time i blogged more positives! holy crap i re-read some stuff i've put on here, and i guess i only come here when i'm struggling...kinda like prayer. i need to start putting the good things in my life on "paper" so i have them documented and i'm not remembered for being a whine-o! LOL!!

I had the most wonderful weekend! I went shopping with one of my girls from C21 and found this amazing gold gown at La Chateau. adn of course it was on sale. now the little voice of reason inside my head said "you have no place to wear this, therefore there's no point in buying it" and i believed that voice for all of 24 hours because the next day, i bought it!!! lol..and it is my new favourite dress. it's the dress i wish i'd had for grad!

well, having a new dress i MADE an opportunity to wear it and invited Doug over for dinner on Saturday night. I cooked for him and set up the dinning room table with candles all over the house and had him bring wine. it was PERFECT!!! he was dressed to the 9's and we didn't even leave the house. He even brought me 14 BEAUTIFUL pink roses in a really pretty fish bowl vase.

so many precious memories are born through those kinds of evenings. it seems like we're having more and more of them the closer we get. It's hard to believe its been 21 months. it doesn't seem like it. everyday i learn something new about him and every day we are challenged in our relationship and challenging one another to grow.

I know my main topic of conversation is always Doug and i know that a lot of my friends are probably sick and tired of hearing about him, but he is the one GREAT thing in my life right now. so many other things are up in the air, but he's always there.

i'm looking forward to Can Cun SO MUCH! this is his first vacation in his entire life...i'm more excited to know what it's going to be like in his eyes. and i pray that my family will see the man i see...and if not; then he's my special secret!

mmmmm....coffee!!!!

1 comment:

christy said...

Hey are you and Doug jsut going to Cancun? I kind of understand yoru situation with your relationship only because it sounds like my sisters realtionship before she got married. Sonja started dating thsi guy and he already had a kid and wasn't really into the church thing but was a christian. my family and i did not agree with this relatioship at all and voiced our concerns and our not apporvings ofhim. after dating him for two years i had a one ot one with sonja head on and there i learned that we as a family would have to accept him or we would lose sonja. so i wnet to my family and said we should give him a try. long story short we have acceptedh im and they have eben married for three and half years and have a girl togetehr and another one on the way. he is different then the "rest" of us. but we love him and so ya hopefully thing swill work out for you.

Christy